Welcome To Daniel S. Sokal Psychotherapy and Counseling
My practice is focused on helping professionals, couples, and parents in Westchester County and NYC navigate the complexities and demands of the modern world.
Do these sound familiar?
- You’re at a point in life wondering why patterns keep repeating.
- You’re not sure about how you got to where you are?
- You’re struggling with setting boundaries with draining relationships.
- You’re feeling ready to sit with your history, to share your story.
- You want something to change but aren’t sure how to start.
If you could relate to any of these challenges, I can help. It’s time to stop repeating the loop of relationship conflicts, negative behaviors, and arguments.
Together we will:
- Rebuild your confidence and sense of self-worth
- Work on reducing stress
- Discover ways to manage both day-to-day stress and stuff from the past
- Learn tools and techniques to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression
- Rebuild frayed relationships
- Develop ways to set boundaries on unhealthy and draining relationships
Click to Learn More About Our Specializations
- Online and Video Counseling for NY State residents and international clients
- Couples, Premarital, and Marriage counseling
- Recovering From A Narcissist Counseling
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Therapy For Therapists
- Seasonal and Holiday Stress Counseling
- Trauma and Haunted History Counseling
- Psychoanalysis (2-4 times/week)
- Group Therapy (entrepreneurs)
- Psychosocial Assessment and Diagnosis (2-3 sessions)
What Exactly Is Psychotherapy And How Can It Help?
Psychotherapy can help restore the capacity to engage more fully in both personal and professional scenarios. Through uncovering the deeper meanings behind everyday tensions I can help you identify the more significant patterns that lead to frayed relationships. I can help guide you to feel fulfilled in your life experiences, to be able to speak the unspeakable, to rebuild faith that caring, trusting, and safety with others can exist, and to gain insight into past experiences and exist with them in the background as opposed to being haunted by them in the present.
I’m an experienced psychotherapist and mental health counselor who strives to provide a safe and comfortable environment where patients are free to share as much or as little as they like. Welcome to psychotherapy and counseling for the modern world.
How Does Counseling and Psychotherapy Work?