Welcome To Daniel S. Sokal Psychotherapy and Counseling, I’m Dan. My practice is focused on helping professionals, couples, and parents in Westchester County and NYC who are facing a lot of stress in life and want to start the process of healing.
Do these sound familiar?
- You’re at a point in life wondering why patterns keep repeating.
- You’re not sure about how you got to where you are?
- You’re struggling with setting boundaries with draining relationships.
- You’re feeling ready to sit with your history, to share your story.
- You want something to change but aren’t sure how to start.
If you could relate to any of these challenges, I can help. It’s time to stop repeating the loop of relationship conflicts, negative behaviors, and arguments.
Together we will
- Rebuild your confidence and sense of self-worth
- Work on reducing stress
- Discover ways to manage both day-to-day stress and stuff from the past
- Learn tools and techniques to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression
- Rebuild frayed relationships
- Develop ways to set boundaries on unhealthy and draining relationships
Click to Learn More About Our Specializations
Are You Ready For Change? Why Start Treatment Now?
Together we will work towards building on your inner strengths and abilities to engage with the deeper meanings of everyday tensions. We will start the process of rebuilding frayed relationships and improving your sense of self.
Some challenges or concerns that I treat in therapy include:
- Anger and Depression
- Anxiety (including problems with panic, irritability, restlessness, and feeling down),
- Feeling overwhelmed due to a past/present separation or divorce, work/school, etc
- Couples and relationship conflicts
If you or your child have experienced feelings of being overwhelmed by the guilt, worry, and conflict in your home; if you want to rebuild belief in your own effectiveness and sense of worth schedule an initial consult today to start the work towards healing your self and your family.
What Can I Expect From My Session?
So How Does Psychotherapy Work?
Psychotherapy can restore the capacity to engage more fully in loving relationships and in one’s work. It turns ghosts into ancestors. It can bring peace back into your home. Through uncovering the deeper meanings behind everyday tensions I can help you identify the more significant patterns that lead to frayed relationships. I can help guide you to feel fulfilled in your life experiences, to be able to speak the unspeakable, to rebuild faith that caring, trusting, and safety with others can exist, and to gain insight into past experiences and exist with them in the background as opposed to being haunted by them in the present.