Psychotherapy and Counseling For Dealing With A Narcissist
Dealing with a narcissist is an incredibly stressful situation that leaves a deep impact across all facets of your life. We begin to question our own participation in this toxic environment and start to make excuses for the behaviors of others. Our practice specializes in helping both individuals and businesses deal with narcissism in our personal and professional lives. We strongly believe that psychotherapy and counseling can empower you to create a positive change to your self-confidence.
So What Exactly Defines A Narcissist?
- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance(e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, or beauty.
- Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people
- Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations or favorable treatment
- Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve their own ends
- Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Through therapy, we can start to rebuild your self-confidence. We understand that there exists a level of fear and tension associated with seeking therapy, especially when dealing with a narcissist. Our online counseling technology is a safe and discreet alternative to our in-person sessions in which you can share your story without feeling pressured or stressed in a comfortable place of your choosing.